Sunday, June 28, 2009

"I'll Always Be Here!"

Ever since Adam was born, Jacob likes to have these really cute, in your face, conversations with him. One day, before Jacob was leaving to go to preschool around the corner, he came back in with his bike helmet on his head and said to Adam, "I'll be back soon, Buddy, don't forget I love you!"

This weekend, since Adam and I are still getting over head colds, we stayed home while Weston took the kids on our yearly trip to the Manti Pageant and campout with lake swimming and fun. After returning, Jacob was having one of his 'close chats' with Adam and I heard, "It's been so long since I was with you! I'm not going anywhere. I'll always be here." I'm not sure Adam was as reassured as his big brother intended!

4 comments:

rachel said...

that is so sweet!

Raspberry said...

You guys go to Manti every year? Did you want to go or were you kind of glad Weston just took all the kids?
Jake is a sweetheart...looking forward to the family reunions and seeing everyone.
:)

yane said...

I was really torn and didn't decide for sure not to go until a few hours before I left to swap cars with Weston. It's a lot of fun and I love all the questions and intrigue and remembering during the pageant, but a newborn in the rain, on hard chairs until super late...yeah, next year.

The Sorensen Bunch said...

that is tender...I LOVE it!