Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Defining Characteristics

In a talk at church on Sunday, a question was posed that I would like to post for comments. The question was, "What was the defining characteristic of Joseph Smith?".

Some of the items that were brought up were perseverance, obedience, and charitable.

I thought faithful would have been a great fit. It was by faith that he saw the Heaven's open. It was by faith that brought him through the great trials. And it was by faith that miracles were wrought with his hands.

I would love to hear your comments about that question as well as pose another.

What do you want to be your defining characteristic?

1 comment:

Raspberry said...

I must confess the first characteristic I thought of when I read this was 'large of stature'. Of course, that must be some kind of compliment since Nephi and Moroni were too.
I'd like to be known as charitable. Someone who truly lives a charitable life. Right now I think I'm just known as short with a very cute baby. huh.